Reasons I chose this gun over a battle rifle style firearm . . .
- Reliability and durability of the bolt action rifle in less than austere conditions is impressive.
- Less moving parts means it’s easier to clean in the field and there are less parts for me to lose (God forbid).
- IMHO, in a SHTF scenario, large scale “gun fights” won’t be as prevalent as many believe, thus limiting the need for a high capacity magazine. Though if I fail to effectively engage the threat with a single round, 3, 5, and 10 round magazines are available.
- In the unfortunate scenario where I have to engage a two or four legged threat, distance is my friend and bolt guns tend to be very accurate.
I was looking for one gun and one caliber that could do it all for me. I don’t have the luxury of being able to purchase firearms all that often.
AR style rifles serve their purpose in a SHTF scenario, and I have no doubt some may disagree with me, but this rifle will do what I need it to, when I need it.
Granted, I’m new to this forum but I haven’t seen much in this rifle, so I’m curious to hear other’s thoughts on this.
If I only get one rifle, is this the one I choose?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308 as my go to rifle
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire