I'll have to think long and hard before posting anything else I write. I don't see how any author who also writes books for publishing can post anything here.
I don't mind folks here quoting anything they might find useful or tell others about my stories. However I'm uncomfortable with some mega entity having the right to make a profit off my work.
Sure my stuff isn't all that valuable but what if VerticalScope Inc exercises their rights and uses any of the work by authors here to use our work for the basis of a book, play or movie to make THEM a profit?
I don't mind sharing my work for free to the folks on the forum for their personal enjoyment.
Maybe I sound dumb or silly but letting others make a profit off of what it takes me weeks to create doesn't sit well with me.
It may be the policy all over the web but I was never aware of the real scope of what they can do with anyone's work.
The following quote seems way too much like Big Brother for my taste.
"You agree to grant to SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of
SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM or which you provide by email or any other means to SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM and in any media now known or hereafter developed.
Further, you grant to SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites.
You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM."
I guess I never thought about such an all encompassing policy.
MayDay.
</span> [/SIZE]
Sorry to say!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire