jeudi 11 janvier 2018

To 308 or not to 308

I'm trying to decide if I need a 308. I can't afford to buy one outright but I'm trying to decide if I should get rid of something I currently have for a 308. I do hunt but not a lot. It will need to serve mostly as a longer range rifle. It must have iron sights and scope mounting ability and it must be a bolt action. I'm thinking the Savage Hog Hunter.

I currently have...
3 ARs in 556
2 Mini 14s in 556
1 JM stamped Marlin 336 in 3030
I'm also covered on Shotguns, 22 rifles, and pistols.

So do I get rid of one of the Minis or the Marlin for the Savage or do I keep what I have?

Here in Virginia, unless I'm hunting over a Bean field, the shots just aren't that long. I mostly hunt in the woods anyways, but do occasionally sit a field line. All of my rifles have iron sights and this one must too, especially for SHTF.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Let's block ads! (Why?)



To 308 or not to 308

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire