dimanche 24 mai 2020

Mask wearing?

Default

Wearing a mask doesn't protect you as fully as possible. It protects, to a degree, the people who either have to or want to be around you. The respiratory droplets that carry the virus are generally emitted by the nose or mouth. Wearing eye protection along with a mask and gloves can protect you since the virus can infect you via your eyes, nose and mouth.
Wouldn't matter to me if people wore a mask if there were a way of knowing if they were carriers and emitters. Unfortunately, since the US is run like a third world banana republic, testing and contact tracing isn't available, so the default safe position is to assume that everyone is infected. I don't think that wearing a mask, gloves, and eye protection is an imposition, considering that a long hospital stay can set me back $100,000. It's just a risk vs benefit decision. Thirty seconds to put on PPE, vs a hospital trying to take my home to cover medical bills. One of the main reasons people go bankrupt is that they can't pay medical bills. I wear a seatbelt when I drive, and a helmet when I ride my motorcycle.
Funny that the gooberment will fine you if you don't wear a seatbelt or helmet, but you not wearing a seatbelt or helmet isn't going to kill anyone else. Not wearing a mask can kill someone else, but gooberment just "advises" you to wear a mask. Of course, people don't have to manufacture their seatbelts and helmets.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Mask wearing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire