dimanche 24 mai 2020

Found a couple keepers

Greetings interneteirs.

I am currently sitting around a campfire as I parlay this story to you, enjoying the splendors of northwestern Montana in the springtime.

Anyway, I’m out here on a solo weekend, enjoying my first vacation since getting back from some extended active duty time with the USAF. And part of that is that I don’t have any of my firearms with me. I mentioned this to my girlfriend, who then reminded me that I am in fact in moose country, and in a busy tourist area on Memorial Day, and suggested that I go buy a new gun. Don’t have to tell me twice...

I ran to Sportsman’s Warehouse, fully planning on getting either a S&W Shield 45, or a Springfield XDE 45, whichever took my fancy more. Well, I got in the store and plans changed.

I got to the counter, and just happened to be placed by the used handgun rack, and what would be staring me in the face but an original Charter Arms Undercover, With what appear to be original wood grips and everything. The price tag for something that old was a little steep at $250, but by using my military discount, and a coupon, I got it for $220 out the door. Still maybe a Little pricey, but hey, it’s a neat little gun.

I grabbed a cheap nylon holster, a box of American Gunner 125 grain jhp, and some Buffalo Bore 158 grain SWC-HP, and headed back for camp.

I’ll just say, those Buffalo Bore rounds are a handful. But that’s what I’ve got loaded up in it right now, because I’m out of the others. The Holster is not making me that happy, but it’s what I’ve got right now, so I can live with it.

I’ll try and post some pictures when I get back to civilization.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Found a couple keepers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire