mardi 19 mai 2020

SOFT Shackles now a must for me

I read about these on a forum where people were worried about scratching up their chrome tow hooks. Seriously.

Then I watched several Utube videos on them. Also several destruction testing of straps and lines.

Anyways, a synthetic rope with a protective sheath that stays together with a ball head through an adjustable braided loop. Strengths vary. Yes, more $$ than a steel shackle.
But you can wrap them around a lot of things that have no tow hooks or too large for your shackles. Big bonus, connecting lines or straps together or to a tree saver. Using a steel shackle results in an extra killer missile if the line breaks. Yes, you can run line loops together but that can result in two straps/lines permanently attached due to stretching and contracting.

Used one for the first time yanking my lawn tractor front wheels out of a 6" rut left by my SIL's dump trailer was turned around there with 6 ton or so of #2 gravel in it. He did double my gravel driveway width, though.

"Now I'm a Believer".

Let's block ads! (Why?)



SOFT Shackles now a must for me

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire