mardi 19 mai 2020

This is what a "survival vise" looks like

"A so-called survival vise is a pretty useful and ingenious tool that can be whipped up quite easily. It comes in handy when you are working on something but you need both your hands to do it. A bow you are making, for instance, can be secured in the jaws of such a vise so you can properly hold your drawknife.

I’m not sure what the origin of this is. I don’t really see it in the history books, but it would make sense that aboriginal peoples would come up with something like this. They come in the single and double variety. I made a double one when I was working on my rammed-earth shelter.

Here is a video of it: https://aspiringcaveman.com/double-s...ersatile-tool/

These double ones you can also make by utilizing two suitable trees growing sufficiently close together if there are some in your area. Otherwise, you have to do what I did. There are also the smaller, hand-held ones that are basically tongues to hold items too hot to the touch and the like. "

Let's block ads! (Why?)



This is what a "survival vise" looks like

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire