mercredi 20 mai 2020

Survival!!! At What Cost?

We all belong to a "survivalist" site for a reason. But do we all see "survival" in the same terms? I mean, I could be in a hospital bed with a tube stuck in me and survive for years. I could fall off of a cliff in the wilderness and break both legs and perhaps survive for a long time if food and water are nearby. Any one of us could be captured by an enemy (foreign or domestic) and survive in a gulag or FEMA camp for decades.

So just surviving isn't necessarily a great thing in all cases. There may be instances were dying is preferable.

For me ... survival is living free and healthy. Free to make my own choices and free from the clutches of a despotic or tyrannical power. Free from over-regulation and over-populated areas. I really only want to survive if I can find joy in surviving. It's what our Founding Fathers strove for. They could have "survived" under King George but they wanted (and needed) more than that.

So what's your personal definition of "survival" and is it worth fighting for?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Survival!!! At What Cost?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire