A lot of the break ins I've dealt with had to do with drugs. Basically the bad guy needed a fix, wanted easy money to buy said fix, wasn't in their right mind and decided to rob a house. A lot of times they're the ones that get caught.
Other ones I've seen are younger kids trying to live life on the wild side and get easy money, some time gang bangers but not always the case. Normally dumb and hot headed they get caught a lot.
I've heard of professional burglars but have personally never dealt with them or known of any one that dealt with them so I won't comment about that.
Most of the time the break ins I've seen were targets off opportunity, door unlocked, window open. Or just a case of easy access in a bad area. Most of the time these types are looking for easy in, no fuss, easy out. They lack the foresight to deal with any issues, and normally scare off easy. I've seen doors kicked in and windows busted out, as quick easy access. Then normally every thing easy to access with value is taken and the robbers are gone quickly. Normally it's some one from the area, and normally the stuff will show up in the nearest pawn shop.
I've personally been lucky to never have had any of my houses broken into though I've had my house cased on two occasions, both times it was just my wife home. Luckily she's a tough one that grow up in a lower income area so she knew what was up and didn't play around dealing with the issue.
Best advice is to harden the house make it a tough target, get good lighting, and become good friends with your neighbors, that way you guys can keep an eye out for one another. Also me and my wife walk the neighborhood 3-4 times a week, it helps my son wind down for the day and let's us get eyes on everything going on in the area. Plus it's a good way to chat and catch up on one another's day.
Attempted Break-In...WTF????
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire