jeudi 11 août 2016

Honda ATV Help needed

Mods - if this is the wrong section please move it.....

2012 Honda Rancher TRX420FPM 4x4 with Powering Steering (Manual Shift)

My ATV is not used for recreation - it is my work horse from hauling firewood in the summer to plowing snow in the winter. I used it Saturday with no issues, Sunday morning it will not start. The starter engages & cranks but the engine will not fire (battery is good - tank is full of gas).

According to the Owners manual, it will not start unless the instrument cluster is displaying "N", it is displaying a "-" instead. It has done this before when it has gotten stuck between gears and you were required to rock it until the proper gear came up on the indicator. Now it is displaying "-" no matter which gear I shift it into. I can feel it shift from gear to gear - the ATV will not budge when in gear but rolls freely when you find neutral so I believe the transmission is shifting correctly.

Does anyone have access to a service manual for this model?? Looking at Clymer manuals, they claim 2007 to 2012 are the same. Looking at actual Honda service manuals, they claim 2007 to 2010 are the same and 2011 onward are different. The reason I mention this is I did find a Honda service manual for 2007-2010 on line and the location of the gear position plug on the frame is not where it is shown to be.

I'm pretty good mechanically at fixing these type of things, but I need a locator & some wiring colors to try and track down what is wrong. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mark

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Honda ATV Help needed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire