A couple of weeks ago, I was out of town working and my wife called and said that she had found a small 5x10 cargo trailer. I said okay, my atv trailer is 5x8, so the 5x10 should do fine. I got home and realized that there was no room to get off of the atv once it was loaded. So I reinforced the floor from underneath the trailer using 2x10 treated board and undercoated everything, installed a couple of e tracks and a remote controlled winch for loading and securing the atv. I also found a set of metal wheel chocks at autozone that worked out great. I bolted them to the floor to stop the atv when loading and securing it. Then I went from there. I added a battery and battery box to the tongue, spare tire mounted on the front side of the trailer, 15w solar panel on top with a 100w harbor freight controller mounted in the battery box, a small 400w inverter to run a fan and other small items. The lighting is a set of 8 fixture led bed lights from Wally World for $20. They are bright! Last night I ordered a 14'x14' roof vent and vortex II fan. Once installed, the wiring will be straightened out and insulation and ceiling will go up. I've added a 12v plug to tie in my generator since I want to keep everything running on 12v other than the items I use with the small inverter. I've run my 20" industrial fan off of the inverter for 6 hours without killing the battery in the heat of the day and that pretty satisfying. I still have some "To Do's" that are kind of pricey. I need to find a couple of window kits, but more importantly, a door! The cheapest that I've found a door kit is about $300 shipped from one of the rv/trailer sites. It is a 31'x50' door. I plan on adding a fold up/down twin bed to the right side wall and the door on the left side wall. I could just pull the rear ramp door up and secure it from within, but I have this fear of someone coming along and latching the outer latches with me inside!
My plan is making the drive to the hunting property the night before the hunt. Unload the atv and drag the trailer to wherever I plan on setting up for the night. I have my Champion Inverter Generator, solar, port-a-pot, and supplies. I figure that this will get me off of the cold ground and save me from dragging my travel trailer to the woods where it would be too easy to get it stuck. With my food, hot plate and cooler for drinks, I'm pretty good for a few days.
Does anyone have any thoughts before I tackle my side door or other projects?[IMG]
[/IMG]
Let's block ads! (Why?)
Mini Bug Out/Overnight Camper
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire