lundi 15 août 2016

Paracord Gear - Useful Accessories

Howdy,

I recently got into making paracord survival items (bracelets, wraps, belts, etc). I've finally sourced my preferred manufacturers for cord.

5Col (Mills Manufacturing) - True Military MIL-C-5040H cordage with all certifications provided on each order.

Paracord Planet (E.L. Wood Braiding Company) - High quality commercial 550 in a wide variety of colors.

Now, what I'm lacking is a good source for buckles, ss anchor shackles, ss U-Shackles, etc.

Now what I'm looking for are buckles, shackles, or clasping materials that are load bearing and just as useful as the cord itself. The anchor shackles I currently use are from Home depot and have a working load of some 600 lbs (about 2k load limit). Problem is, they're frequently out and quite the pain to wear if you want a tight fit.

That said, I am also looking for a well built plastic buckle for the more cosmetic projects or for dog leashes/collars. The ones I currently have are from Home Depot & Hobby Lobby. These plastic clips are cheap as dirt with a flimsy construction and wiggle room when locked shut. These things won't stand up to a 50lbs dog tugging on it.

So, if any of you know a good source for clasps or buckles, I'm all ears. I'm looking for materials that will not rust and will hold up to wear. Stainless steel for metals or aircraft Aluminum. Preferably with their load bearing specs if any.

One clasping idea I had was those SS Chain quick links on one end with a SS bolt and nut on the other with smaller chain link spaced between paracord loops. To clasp, slide the small loops into the open space on the quick link.

I am not looking for carabiners either unless they can be small enough to compare to a buckle and have external use in practical survival applications.

Suggestions?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Paracord Gear - Useful Accessories

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire