samedi 13 août 2016

Split cases on M1 carbine ammo.

The only time I've experienced split cases was after the cases were reloaded multiple times. Nickel cases seemed to wear out sooner than brass. I'd try new ammo in your carbine. I doubt your problem is the firearm itself, although trying fresh factory ammunition may prove me wrong. Did you reload these, or purchase them? If purchased, from a reliable remanufacturer or someone's home brew in plastic bags at a gun show? Are these the first 66 rounds you've fired?

My split cases were mostly in .45 Colt reloaded multiple times for Cowboy Action Shooting. As with your ammo, they chambered, fired, and extracted fine. I only noticed the splits when inspecting prior to the next reload. Also had a few .45 ACP splits, but those had been reloaded so many times you could hardly read the head stamp.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Split cases on M1 carbine ammo.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire