vendredi 31 août 2018

Hi everyone

Hi all,

I've been here for a while, but I'm reintroducing myself. I got married, and did get some preps started before marriage, and luckily got my wife to go to the range with me, which is a good start.

As for my survivalist leanings, I would tend towards thinking we're heading for an EMP/economic collapse.

I think what I should be doing to get ready for such would be:

-buy land, at least 10 acres, at least 10 miles from the interstate, and at least 50+ miles from any large city (500,000+ people) and build a house with rain catchment system, cistern, septic tank, solar panels, whole-house water filter with replacement filters; it should be able to hold at least me and my wife at the bare minimum; my family (9 more people) better, my wife's family (6 people) better still; my best friend (6 people) and his wife/kids even better, or his full family (another 7). Realistically, 11 people to 17 might be the max we can put in one house, given the limits of septic and food.
-get a pre-computer vehicle, automatic transmission, preferably diesel; something like a military surplus vehicle or Ford Bronco or something.
-get a five-year storable food supply, non-GMO for at least 4 people.
-get survival seeds (done); practice growing stuff so I don't mess up as much (doing it now)
-get library built up of survival techniques
-get board games, card games, books, etc, for entertainment in case of EMP
-get a medical kit (done - ILBE milspec kit bought);
-train in emergency medical techniques
-possibly build a greenhouse with PVC and semi-clear plastic for winter growing; get soil
-do composting (done)
-get chickens, possibly rabbits, maybe goats
-get some kind of communication devices (Baofeng? Yaesu?); I have 1 Baofeng but can't find it. Probably need to get HAM license and base station.
-get gold/silver (1.3 oz / 147 oz) and copper (30 oz) to protect wealth
-stock ammo (working on it)
-have defensive weapons (2 AR, a Glock 23/27, 10/22, 12-gauge) and practice with them
-go-bag with tent/sleeping back; I have an ILBE 2 with the sleep system and two-man tent

I am open to suggestions for a good G.O.O.D. bag for the car and for myself in case of any EMP (may be different things). Is this a good start for what to do, or is there anything I've overlooked?

I would think the best thing would be to stock my house on the land, and have just enough to get to it here in town.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Hi everyone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire