vendredi 31 août 2018

LDS Powdered Milk

I guess you could call this somewhat of a review for this product. I know this has been talked about here before, but his it just my personal experience with this milk.

I bought a box of the LDS powered milk. The box comes with 12 - 28 ounce packages in it. The packages appear to be mylar with an O2 absorber in them. The box is $60.00. Each package in the box makes about 1.8 gallons of milk. There are around 29 servings per package and a serving is 1 cup (8 ounces) and it takes 3 tablespoons of milk powder per serving. That breaks down to around $2.78 per gallon, which is not a bad price for milk. The LDS site says the product is good for 20 years when stored properly (cool and dry).

Yesterday I made up a quart of the milk. That is ¾ cup of milk powder per quart of water. I used a mixer to mix it up good. I put it in the refrigerator and left it overnight. I tried some of it today and it was not bad at all. It was not just like store bought milk, but not bad. I then put ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract in it and that made it a lot better. I put some in my oatmeal and poured some in a glass. It was good in the oatmeal and it was good drinking it right out of the glass. I would drink it straight like it is with some cookies or cake.

I will be buying some more of this milk. It tastes a lot better than other powdered box milk I have tried and did not like. I would suggest if you are going to buy some of this powdered milk to also stock up on pure vanilla extract (not the imitation vanilla extract). Pure vanilla extract lasts almost for ever when stored properly. I hope this was useful for any of you out there thinking about buying some of this and trying it.

Image form LDS site.

Here is the site for the milk: https://store.lds.org/lds/ProductDis...&storeId=10151

Let's block ads! (Why?)



LDS Powdered Milk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire