mercredi 2 janvier 2019

Ar 15 back up sights advice

Hello all,

I just bought a new AR Windam Weaponry SRC model a couple of weeks ago. I plan to eventually get an aimpoint for it, but that will likely be down the road when I have some open funds to get it. In the mean time, I need to get some back up sights. I normally just get AR's with F-Marked Front Sight Base already installed. So I normally just need to put in a rear sight. Cabelas had the SRC on sale for like 700 and I just couldn't pass it up. So the problem or maybe more of a manufactured problem on my part is that I don't want to get a pair. See, I already have a rear sight that was just laying around which is a Green blob outdoors rear sight. Here I have attached link to what I believe is the same product. The sight that I have doesn't have a description on it, but it is an exact match.

https://greenbloboutdoors.com/collec...y-weaver-rails

The measurement described in the item is 1.41 inches. When I measure the one I have from the base to the beep hole I get 1 5/8. It is a flip up sight too. So, I was looking to get just a front sight alone and I am not sure what would be ideal if I decided to go this route instead of getting a whole new set. Here are some considerations:

1. Do I really need to get a flip up front sight if I intend on getting an aimpoint later? Will a fixed sight in the front be more sturdy and keep zero better since there is no flipping back and forth that may loosen nut even if I put lock right on it? Does the fixed sight have an advantage there?

2. Should I just get a new matching pair to avoid a mismatch in height if I just buy the front? The fixed sights I have seen that are of the same brand are either 2.1 inch which are high profile and 1 3/8 for the low profile one. Neither seems to match exactly the measurement that I am getting from the rear sight I currently have unless I am not measuring it right.

3. Should I just consider sights that are 45 degrees, but I know those are more for rifles that will have scopes on it with a longer eye relief not necessarily a red dot. However I wonder if there are any advantages to them.

4. The higher ends sights are pretty expensive for what they are, just back up iron sights. Are they really worth it? These green blob sights seems pretty sturdy to me and are made of aluminum. Should I just get something like a set of magpul steel sights. They are like 160. I could get a single shot 12g for that lol. Seems high for what they are.

5. Does the exact height even matter? Can they be off by a couple 8th's and still be accurate enough. Say if my back sight is 1 5/8 but front sight is 1 3/8. Both are considered low profile sights. Is that all I need to consider when buying mismatch sights. Low v high profile?

6. Do flip up sights lose zero over time v fixed sights? Can you co-witness an aimpoint with fixed sights just fine?

7. I also seen these Truglo front gas block. I like the idea of being able to apply this sight at night. But seems gimmicky. Anyone have experience with these? If I opt to get this one I would need a riser since gas block is on the same plane as receiver rail.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tru-...ock-tg115.html

Maybe I am making too much out of it, but does anyone have advice on what I should do for backup sights on SRC?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ar 15 back up sights advice

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire