dimanche 24 janvier 2016

Backup Cooking

This is one of the ways I plan on cooking if the need comes along.

For those who live in an all electric house this would be a fairly easy way to have a backup cooking stove. Just need room to store it somewhere.

I got the stove for free. It's not the best type because the oven has to have electricity to operate. It has the glow igniter in the oven. I do have a small Honda generator I can use if the oven is needed or I can use the battery from the travel trailer with an inverter I have. The burners can just be lit with a match, no electric needed for the burners. The burners do have electric ignition but they can be turned on and lit with a match without the stove being plugged into electricity. Unless you ran a gas line into the house this would be mainly for outside cooking on a deck, patio, etc (wouldn't recommend having gas bottles in the house).

EDIT: The stove is connected to the regulator with a flexible gas line.

The hoses and pressure regulator are the ones I had on my travel trailer and were changed out for new ones. The hoses and regulator can be connected to two grill propane bottle and then to the stove for the stove to operate. I did a test hookup to make sure the stove and oven would work this way. I had to plug the stove into a wall outler to check the oven operation. It all worked fine.

Two 100 lb propane tanks would also work fine to go for a longer period of time.

O, you say why do I need this if I have a travel trailer (stove/oven in trailer). It's just backups to backups.

On another thought I have a ventless propane heater in the house (this is the only gas line coming into the house/electric house) that is next to the electric stove I use in the house. I did buy all the gas fittings I need to be able to connect the gas stove up in the house if I need to and still be able to use the propane heater too.

I thought I would share this with those of you out there that might like to do the same thing or something similar.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Backup Cooking

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire