lundi 1 août 2016

Browning Bolt Action

Hey guys, I'm looking to share information and learn information on browning rifles. I recently purchased a browning safari 30-06 bolt action rifle. It appears to be from the late 60s or early 70s. It holds 5 rounds in the internal trapdoor magazine, and you can throw one in the chamber. 6 rounds of 30-06 on board is above average in my opinion.

I can tell you, they don't make them like this anymore! I think I got a lot of gun for my money. It has a nice elegant wood stock (laminated as well). The action reminds me of some of the old war-horse guns, but it is easier on the eyes. It has the best trigger that I've felt. I don't own any junky guns, but I find this trigger to far exceed expectations. Apply firm pressure = bang. Very linear feeling and then sudden "BANG" with all caps because 30-06 is a Man's round.

My question is mainly about accuracy. Has anybody free floated one of these old brownings? Do I have to defile the gun in order to do it? I want to know more about the guns because I plan to buy another 30-06 down the road, and I think I want one similar

It has an old 2x-7x redfield scope. The crosshairs are clear, and it presents the target well enough to keep the scope. I can hit paper plates with every round with my AR at 400 yards. My goal is merely to be able to make kill shots on deer at 500 with this Safari 30-06. Is that realistic?

The scope mount is funny though. I believe it is called a weaver pivot scope mount. There are hinges on one side of the scope mount, and clips on the other side. I thought I broke my scope mount the first time it happened, but you can sort of tip the scope over on its hinges to expose iron sights. Talk about some 1960s tacticool stuff!!!

This gun was to help round out my collection. I already have a nice AR, a nice hand gun, a decent shot gun, but I didn't have any big old deer rifles until this gun. I'm very pleased so far. If you have any info on what to expect or watch out for, please share! Talk of similar rifles is welcome, but I really want to hear about well rounded rifles in this thread. Nice looking, nice shooting, affordability is nice, and how to improve on these guns.

Thank you

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Browning Bolt Action

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire