samedi 20 août 2016

First Time using Mylar bags

Hi all,
First, I am in Lake Charles LA. I paid 5 bucks to a little girl for a cup of instant lemonade. Best 5 bucks I have spent in a long time as the money they were collecting went to the LA. flood victims. Two little girls, 7 or 8 years old and their mom in front of Stines. Anyone who lives around me I recommend you support Stines, they were open after Rita and always seem to help the community.

Now, I have used mylar bags for the first time today. 5 mil 1 Quart, with 300 cc OA's. For my first attempt I bagged a 2# bag of white rice which I simply pushed the air out of then sealed with my food saver, 4 passes. The second bag was a 1 qt. bag with a pound of red beans sealed the same way.

I guess I will see how it does. The instructions given to me with the mylar bags specifically said that using a food saver to heat seal the bag was an acceptable means

I bought these from Pack Fresh USA. Sealing the bags with my food saver was easy as pie.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



First Time using Mylar bags

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire