I've been prepping for about six years now, and I've noticed that it is a bit catching, as some of my friends and acquaintances have decided to do the same. But one thing of interest in the last few years have been people buying cases of 200ml bottles of cheap whiskey. The 200ml is often referred to as a half pint, and when I noticed the trend (a friend owns the liquor store in my small town), I asked why - turns out they are buying trade and barter items.
I haven't purchased any booze to trade, and after consideration and some reading I've thought more on trade items than I have in the past; so I'm going to make that a new priority.
Booze, tobacco items, hard candy, chewing gum seem to be some rather common items to have for trade when the dollar becomes useless. I have thought of a few others such as p51/p38 can openers, eye drops, and cigarette lighters (I can get a deal on a case of bic lighters from my liquor store friend).
I think the can openers are a good idea because they aren't perishable/consumable, since they can be used and traded again - and you can get a 20 pack for $10.00 on amazon. So why not?
Do you stock trade items? And if so, do you have something not often considered that would make a good 'deal' when the time comes? Most of what I have read is just repetition with seldom new ideas.
So I'm wondering if anyone has some good thoughts for barter and trade that aren't run-of-the-mill.
And I've never posted a poll before so I did one for fun...
- cheers -
Trade and Barter items
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire