We fill them with dried wheat (13% moisture or less) and then flood the tank with carbon dioxide (a big bag of dry ice.) We let it "burp" then seal after 30 minutes or so. The process with the dry ice is repeated every 3 months.
I want to suggest this approach at a prepper seminar where I'll be speaking, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some fly in the ointment I hadn't understood. I just pulled some wheat from one of the tanks and it looks and smells pristine, after a little over 2 years.
I'm going to test the wheat berries for moisture, but I believe they'll come in below 13% moisture.
What else should I be looking out for? Is this a sustainable approach? (I can't figure how it'd be any different from storing wheat in 5 gallon, food grade buckets.) Are there any other cautions I should mention?
Here's a link to the water tank/wheat silos I'm using: http://ift.tt/2bro5vN
Am I missing anything? For a preparedness group, it seems to make sense to store the equivalent of 300 plastic buckets in one silo. Plus, the wheat's cheaper in 10,000 pound quantities. Thoughts?
Ultra-bulk Wheat Strategy
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire