dimanche 26 février 2017

Best Nubuck waterproofing?

So I replaced my Danner ICH with a pair of Danner Combat Hikers in the next size up (identical to the Crater Rim) and have used them on a couple hikes with nothing but great things to say.

Initially I treated them with Nikwax Suede and Nubuck Proof, which does bread water extremely well... at least with short exposures. Today we did a short 3 mile dog walk hike in some very "moist" conditions with standing water and all forms of mud. After the first mile or two I noticed the Nubuck uppers had wetted out. Is this pretty much unavoidable due to the nap? Or are there other better options that the Nikwax nubuck proof? I'm tempted to try something more aggressive like their waterproofing wax but being as new as these boots still are... well that Nubuck just looks and feels so nice

I also want to be careful about products which may have been associated with some forms of delamination as I've seen mixed reviews about the rands on these boots separating (otherwise I'd also strongly consider O's LP).

Has anybody tried both Nikwax as well as other nubuck treatments? Ideally I'd like to provide both conditioning and waterproofing but it seems like Nubuck doesn't get a ton of love from the leather markets.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Best Nubuck waterproofing?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire