lundi 9 juillet 2018

IBC Tote Bladder Loops (2ea) Cut OFF or NOT?

Default IBC Tote Bladder Loops (2ea) Cut OFF or NOT?


CUT OFF or NOT? Loops on top of IBC Tote Bladder
Nothing I’ve read about IBC Totes the past few months says: Loops(2ea) on top of Bladder. Do NOT cut them off. To the contrary, whenever they are mentioned, the rule seems to be, “just cut’em off”. Well, 2 days ago as I was preparing to cover one of my tote bladders, it was time to cut, or not. I wanted to ask a Friend but he wasn’t available then so I decided to leave them on for now and repositioned the removable cross members about 2 “ out of position, then cut the loops off if it was advisable.
When my Friend did stop by to watch a demonstration of how the first flush works, I asked if repositioning would be a problem. After all, a ton of water wasn’t just going to crawl up and over the side and leave. Right, BUT, those cross members are not there to keep the water in, but to keep the top bladder from collapsing in on itself. I’m hearing, with the summer heat, rain and leaves collecting up there, it will collapse. And as he pointed out about my other bladder, still in the yard, had collected about 5” of rain water on the top and, I thought, was well on the way to a potential collapse or other non-recoverable situation. After all, the tote bladder would not always be full of water, thereby preventing a potential collapse.
Opinions, Experiences, Knowledge, Manufacturer’s Warnings, etc… Anyone?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



IBC Tote Bladder Loops (2ea) Cut OFF or NOT?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire