Did go to Alaska for a couple of years. Lived closer to town than I ever did before, but decided it was too far away from everyone I knew....and any store you would want to get stuff at.
10 acres...western MT.
About 350 feet change in elevation from one end to the other....which is why I am here (steep land is cheap land) Certainly complicates everything.
On an Indian Reservation....which keeps out most regulations on most things, and scares off (most) Californians for some reason. No building code, no police force.....six man ambulance of which I am one of the men...that kind of place.
Water well, which is unregulated....irrigation canal which sort of is....everything behind it for thousands of acres is tribal land....which is even better than BLM as the tribe doesn't manage it at all.
How far outside of town depends on what you call town. About five miles from a 'town' of about 200.....about 30 and a mountain pass from a town of 70k.
Nothing else even close.
Could be better, could be worse.
Not even off grid but heat is wood and I can run the well for for a year off about 12 gallons of gasoline or propane now that I have a proper generator. Electricity is just for luxuries like light, TV...internet and refrigerator.
Living off grid but.. HOW FAR off grid?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire