Raised beds in backyard. Made these myself out of cedar I cut from my property. Use these mainly for specialty stuff like Swiss Chard, Lettuce, Cabbage, Leeks, Broccoli, Cauliflower, etc.
Another raised bed in back yard. This was made from cedar slabs. My son and I decided to try our hand at growing a 500 lb pumpkin. This bed contains about 80% chicken and rabbit manure compost and 20% native soil. That pumpkin hiding in there is about 40-50 lbs right now.
I try to grow maybe 50-60 sunflowers each year. I hang them from the ceiling in my chicken coup and usually toss my free-range flock a head every other day or so. This year I lost a lot to early blight and insects. In this pic you can see how some right next to their neighbors were stunted. First time I've ever had early blight and insect attacks happen on my sunflowers at the same time...devastated and stunted them.
My "Traditional Garden" is roughly 2100 sq ft (approx 75ftx30ft). It's a few weeks behind. Doing well though.
I had to climb up on top of my lean to on the shed to get some stakes so I decided to take a pic of the garden from up there. All down the length of the back I've decided to plant perennial food stuff such as blueberries (4) Asparagus (20 plants I started from seed), Rhubarb, Brambles, and Strawberries. We are also planning on making a small herb area also. Also note that I mulch in my garden heavily with wood chips - gotta do that with clay soils.
Oldhat's Gardening pics.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire