dimanche 12 août 2018

Building my first AR And questions

As the title says, I'm getting ready to start on my first AR build. The wife has given me the go ahead and that was all I needed. I'm very unfamiliar with quality brands as I'm a late bloomer in the AR world, but I have researched enough to know that I am interested in bushmaster, cmmg, and spikes tactical as they all have pieces of what I want to put into my build. Approximately 1200 bucks for the budget(don't wanna push my luck with the wife).

So I need help with brand names and quality associated I guess. My main concerns are:
1) is it better to buy a rifle and upgrade components as I go or buy an upper then a lower, or just start from scratch with all stripped? I know this will require tools that I don't and have been told it's a heavy financial investment initially.

2) my main focus on this build is accuracy and in the 5.56/223 caliber. I know that means a good quality barrel for sure and I'm thinking an 18-20" barrel is my comfort zone. Can you reccomend a quality barrel? I'm looking at bushmaster for this as of now but I'm not sure.

3)Optics. What is some good quality glass for an AR? I'm planning on shooting the 2-300 yd range And backup irons are a must which leads me to my next one...

4) Rail. I don't need or want every accessory that will clamp on to a rifle. I want back up irons for sure and a good scope/magnifier etc.

I'm not a complete noob to firearms. I've had them all my life and carry daily as well as shooting routinely. I just never had the itch for an AR until now and being so accustomed to traditional rifles leaves me feeling overwhelmed at all the choices.

Feel free to suggest or advise in any "helpful" way.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Building my first AR And questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire