samedi 11 août 2018

Favorite Non-7.62 AR-10 Cartridge.

I know we've had these discussions before so many times we're tired of seeing and talking about it. But, the discussions are all scattered and hard for everyone to find. So in the interest of maybe helping a newbie who has just discovered the forum and is just learning about the search engine, I thought I would start a thread where we talk about our favorite non-5.56/223 AR-15 cartridges and why we chose them.

Important:

I want this thread to be primarily information. You tell us what you have, why you like it, what ammo you prefer and why, and how you solved any issues you may have had. Example:

I have a rifle chambered in .345 Hypothetical. I built it on a Mil-Spec Lower receiver from Colt. My upper is an SBR built by Joe Manufacturer, and has an 11.769 inch barrel with a 1-19 twist. I like this cartridge because my brother had one, and when I was over at his house one time I used that rifle to kill Joseph Stalin's reanimated pet hog at 1500 yards, and decided I wanted to have one. My favorite load is a 110 grain Barnes TSX loaded by Magical Ammo Company to 3,000fps because it shoots .25 MOA and has a high Ballistic Coefficient. I buy this ammo at Billy Bob's Gun Shop in Ridiculous Storyville, Tx for $45 a box. I initially had trouble with reliability until I started using copper plated GI M-16 Mags that I buy from Wilbur'sFakeGunPartsStore.Org.

What I don't want this to become is another "Mine is bigger and better than yours because you're stupid and My Mama raised me better," thread. I know, it's a tall order. But we can have caliber wars for eternity in other threads.
If you want to have a caliber war go to a different thread! Lord knows we have a lot of them.

You can ask questions about a post, but try to keep it short and civil. If you ask someone a question, and don't like their answer, that's too bad. They chose the cartridge for their own reasons, and that's their prerogative. You are neither required, nor being asked, to tell them they are wrong. Got it?

Also keep in mind: this thread isn't 100% about prepping cartridges. Not all of us are planning on using certain guns should the S hit the F. So parts that aren't mil-spec, and reloader-only cartridges are fair game.

RECAP:

Just the facts
This thread is the Switzerland of the Caliber wars. Neutral.
We aren't looking to be critiqued on our choices

Hopefully this thread stays civil, and becomes a trove of well articulated opinions and experince-based information that will help someone make up their mind on a new gun.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Favorite Non-7.62 AR-10 Cartridge.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire