samedi 4 août 2018

Striker fired DAO really SAO?

I bought a new striker fired pistol and it is labeled DAO, which I assume means Double Action Only. So I immediately start dry firing it. Pull the trigger, nothing. Pull the slide, pull the trigger, click. Pull the trigger again, nothing. So isn't that really single action?

I have SA/DA pistols and an airweight without a hammer which is true DAO. Every time I pull the trigger they will snap the firing pin. To me that is double action. When I pull the hammer back and pull the trigger that is single action.

Why do they label these polymer striker fired pistols DAO when they are not? Do they consider lack of an exposed hammer to be double action?

Am I misunderstanding something?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Striker fired DAO really SAO?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire