samedi 11 août 2018

UK Stockpiling Food for Brexit?

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com...se-of-no-deal/

***Emergency measures to keep Britain’s food and drink industry afloat include stockpiling food ahead of 29 March 2019, the day the UK is scheduled to leave the European Union, according to pro-Brexit tabloid newspaper The Sun.The ‘vote leave’ tabloid told its readers the government in London had drawn up secret plans to stockpile processed food in the instance the UK failed to reach an agreement with the EU. The squirrelling of food is, according to the newspaper, to show Brussels that ‘no deal is not a bluff.’ However it remains unclear what Brexit means when it comes to the logistics of importing and exporting goods from Europe.

(don't think I've ever used the Hellenic Shipping News as a source before...)

individuals too
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/...ends-have-too/

***To my astonishment, when I mentioned I was stockpiling food on Facebook, instead of the sceptic “pull-the-other-one” response I anticipated, I was far from alone. Most of my friends – who may, of course, include disproportionate numbers of the nervous and the apocalyptic – put their hand up to say yes: they too are taking small, sensible steps to create a cushion should they need it.

One friend, aiming a little higher, volunteered they were stockpiling olive oil and champagne. But for most of us, it means buying basics with a long use by date. Those who have shared a house with me before know I am the most dreadful food abuser. If it’s not walking out the fridge, I tend to regard it as still edible. But for next year my friends and I are staying sensible and stockpiling staples such as dried beans, rice, pasta and even split peas.***

I'm all for stockpiling but don't know how much Brexit will affect things

Let's block ads! (Why?)



UK Stockpiling Food for Brexit?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire