mercredi 9 janvier 2019

Hot Water Heater

Back in the pilot light days it didn't electricity to run. With electronic ignition I would bet the load is small enough for a little pure sine wave inverter to run it off a 12 V battery.

Depends if its your house. How much room you have near the current water heater, you could easily parallel in an electric heater with isolation valves. Check your electric service panel - you need to have 220 in the 30 to 50 amp range free for a standard electric water heater - way more for a demand unit.

Here if I go buy propane with a can its 1/3 more than the cost of electricity. Perhaps a little cheaper if I had a big tank that they come and fill twice a year. They don't like to come only once a year - it was a $50 delivery fee each time.

How do you get water? If on a well then the pump needs power and perhaps so does the blower on the propane furnace - generator?

This coming summer I plan to build a heat recovery system on my generator and perhaps a small inverter like the Yamaha 2000 unit. No matter what generator you are burning fuel in 2/3 to 3/4 of the fuel $ are wasted as heat - If I can recover 50% of that heat for space and water heating I'll be way ahead.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Hot Water Heater

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire