mercredi 9 janvier 2019

Postal Service Grrrr!

I'm gonna tell you guys a story about the post office and you can read it through or not.

So on Monday my wife walks in with the mail and our mailbox door with our address numbers on it. I told her that I knew the mail lady was training a new person and maybe they had left the door open and window of their car down and made a mistake they were afraid of, but as long as our mail came to the house instead it was ok we will get a new box by the weekend and I will replace it.

Here it is Wednesday and the mail keeps coming into the box with the open door and also this happened today which is very very suspicious. At around 12:20 I was headed into "town" to run a couple errands and when I hit the end of my private road I see an older woman in a van I don't recognize opening and closing mailboxes at the end of the row for our private drive.

I stop and ask her if she is just late delivering newspapers since the side roads have been very bad the last couple days. Was confused why she was coming from the wrong direction, but it didn't hit me yet. It was a renter on my road that has to be out by June.

Her response was that no she was checking her mail. I have to admit I have no memory for faces or to a large extent names. I know who people are by their voice or their "mannerisms" or "body language".

So I run to "town" and grab my wife a pack of smokes and am back in 20 minutes or less. I see one of the mailboxes in our row with a door open when I come back. (It lightly snowed this morning and there was only one set of tracks by the boxes so I looked close.)

I swung over and closed it then came home and told my wife what I had seen and that I was calling the post office since it seemed to be more fraud or vandalism than anything else.)

Took a couple phone calls since all my phone gave me was the national number and I got the response from national to call my local post office and they gave me the number. Good. She also after asking me how long it would take for them to get here said "I'm sorry Sheriff's in quotes."

So I call local PO and they told me to call the local sherriff's office since it is their problem. The lady I talked to even told me that it was my personal property and not theirs.

So I buy it and put it by the road at which point a county or state snowplow can run it over and it is my fault even though it is off the road as far as they want. Or it can be damaged by vandalism at which point it is my personal property. Ok I get that I bought it and it is mine. So why do we waste time making it a felony if you get caught damaging it.

When I politely told the lady that I appreciated her time but I felt everyone in that line of work was free to go **** themselves with a pitchfork my wife just looked up and said "what did they say?" Maybe I was wrong, but it sure didn't feel like it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Postal Service Grrrr!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire