mardi 21 février 2017

Building a covered driveway?

So I have this idea, and I'd like to get some input to see if it's possible/feasible.

We have a gravel driveway leading up to our house, and there is a straight section about 40 feet long which goes up a rather steep incline. When it snows, it becomes next to impossible to get up the driveway if it hasn't been plowed.

We've been looking into getting a plow truck, but I thought of this idea as a possible alternative.

Basically, I'm imagining one of those cheap DIY greenhouses made from several sections of PVC pipe which has been looped over into a semicircle, then covered with sheets of plastic. I'm thinking if I do this on a larger scale, I could cover that section of driveway to form a sort of tunnel which would keep the driveway underneath dry during snowstorms.

What I'm wondering is if this could be a potential long-term, cheaper and easier alternative to buying and maintaining a plow truck, and having to plow after every storm.

Would the plastic effectively withstand the snow? Would it accumulate on top or fall to the sides easily? Would this potentially minimize the need to regravel the driveway? Would melting snow from the upper section of unexposed driveway cause a river through the tunnel and lead to more erosion?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Building a covered driveway?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire