lundi 17 juillet 2017

A funny thing happened driving out of my development today

A firetruck pulled up beside me at a light. Light turns green. Speed limit is 45. . Firetruck leaves the light faster than me. A little unusual because I have a pretty fast car, but that's not the point of the story.

I notice the firehose has a giant bronze connector swinging off the back of the truck. Then it starts to slide out. So I am in the right lane 100 ft behind a firetruck that is now doing 60 in a 45 speed limit and laying down firehose at 60 mph! I lay on the horn and try to catch him. He cant hear my horn and he is pulling away. My fast car can't keep up with the jackass driving this firetruck. Finally the 1000 ft long hose comes to the end and the truck stops at the next light. I pull up beside him and lay on the horn until finally he the passenger side window opens and I yell that he has just dropped his hose in the last 1/4 mile. He doesn't thank me or say a word. They circle back and I go to the grocery store.

This world is full of idiots. That hose looked like it was made of money. My taxpayer money. I would love to know what that hose costs. Probably worth more than my car.

Driving back from the store the opposite direction lane is blocked by the fire truck and 3 police SUVs with their lights flashing. They are just about finished loading the hose.

Crazy morning!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



A funny thing happened driving out of my development today

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire