dimanche 16 juillet 2017

Water Shoes and Compression Stockings

I've had to wear compression stockings every day since I was about 30 years old for varicose veins, but I don't want that to get in the way of my dreams of outdoor adventure. I went about 4 days without them once, because I was fishing on Lake Nip****ing in a 12' aluminum boat, and I wanted the freedom that other guys were enjoying in sandals.

That ended badly. I swelled up a lot, and had to lay down for several hours with my feet raised up on 3 or 4 pillows.

So, I could probably spend one day without them, but that would be the limit. On the upside, it seems that the regular socks (Kodiak) that I wear over them last forever. I can't remember the last time I had socks with holes in them.

I just bought this pair of water shoes for outdoor adventures where I'd be getting my feet wet:

Newport H2 Watershoes

What I need is an appropriate pair of quick dry socks to wear over my compression socks when I wear these water shoes.

The Kodiak socks I bought from Costco are too thick to wear with these shoes, and not a good choice when I can expect to be wearing these shoes where they were meant to be worn. These Sigvaris socks have been a real wet blanket on my ability to have fun in the water like others do, like boating, for example. I want that to stop.

I googled quick dry socks, and I got this page: The 10 Best Socks for Hiking

Merino wool comes up a lot in this list, but my intention is for summer fun, so I'm thinking these would not be a good choice.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used a good pair of socks while kayaking, or maybe walking in the water while wearing sandals or water shoes.

P.S. Your software censored the name of a beautiful lake in Ontario!! That's hilarious!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Water Shoes and Compression Stockings

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire