vendredi 14 juillet 2017

Strange garlic harvest - cloves have an odd texture

I didn't get my garlic in until the January Thaw but since the winter was so mild here it took off quickly and grew very fast. It started knocking down recently and I have begun to harvest. The bulbs are large and full. After I hung them until the greens were all brown, I started using it.

It has a good flavor and a lot of juice but not as strong as last season. Last season was exceptional if you like a good, strong flavor.

Anyway. the strange part is the texture when pressed. It is like little pieces of ice instead to the normal string. There is a lot of juice and the little pieces mush in and are not fibrous.

Anyone ever seen this before?

Top is the new crop, bottom is from store bought garlic.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Strange garlic harvest - cloves have an odd texture

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire