vendredi 13 juillet 2018

good idea? I'm thinking no...

My only son, John, just turned 15. One night I was sitting in his room, watching him play some online first person shooter, and I asked him what he was thinking of doing with his life.

He told me he wanted to join the French Foreign Legion.

I let it go for a moment, and I said, "Really? Why not join the US Army and try for a Green Beret like my Father?"(My Father was 5th Special Forces, served 27 months in Vietnam., Won a Silver Star with Valor and a purple heart). I'm sure you could do better then I did..."

He said he was researching it quite a bit, and he said he was'nt "into" the idea of going to Afghanistan or Iran(where he thinks the next US war will be) and getting killed or maimed for some phony reason the US makes up.

He was of the opinion that the Legion was an elite unit and he was sure to be in some fighting. And if he joined a military org., he wanted to fight "like you did in Afghanistan, and Grampa did in Vietnam."

I told him its not fun being in war zone. People tend to get hurt.

Now, my kid has his head on straight. He is a honor roll student. He is healthy. And he is good with an AK.

But how good is his idea of joining the Legion?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



good idea? I'm thinking no...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire