mercredi 11 juillet 2018

What "walkie-talkie" Frequencies to use?

Warning long back story

I am about to make a move cross country, going to have two vehicles making the trip and going to need to make multiple stops due to my dog needing breaks across the 4 day trip(2500 miles) and wanted easier/more reliable form of communication between vehicles.
Butttt, I hate uni-taskers and my prepper side craved something more than the local sporting goods store two-way preset radios.

So, I bought a pair of Retevis RT-5R 5w radios, and fitted them with a longer 136-174/400-470mhz antenna and currently have programmed them with two preset channels, picking frequencies from a list I found on this forum
151.820 medium tx power and 151.940 high tx power both with ctcss coded (cant remember tone frequency)

I still feel apprehensive about my channel selection. I plan to use these radio for this long drive, as well as hiking/camping trips both to communicate with any people camping with me or as a way to radio help in an emergency. ALSO these will be a SHTF tool. I plan to educate myself better with radio communication down the road but my move cross country will be in 10 days.

So are the channels im using ok? any suggestions on more channels?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Im moving from FL to MT if that matters

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What "walkie-talkie" Frequencies to use?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire