dimanche 5 août 2018

Anyone using a dividend portfolio for retirement

I hold mostly dividend paying stocks and ETF. I cannot get into "Aristocrats" because their current analysis seems weak. They put too much emphasis on how long a company has been paying dividends IMO. That said they recommend so many companies you are well diversified if you buy all they suggest.

I try to stay with these rules:
Company must pay a dividend. (mostly I target +3% yield)
Company must be profitable and have a positive cash flow.
Then I look at financial fundamental ratios. (Company must be doing better than the average for their industry.)
I have never liked conglomerates that are into everything like GE.
I try to stay invested in the up trending industries and sub-sectors. (IMO a totally diversified portfolio means you have an equal number of winners and losers. LOL)

MOST IMPORTANT RULE: LEARN FROM EVERYONE COPY NO ONE!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Anyone using a dividend portfolio for retirement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire