dimanche 5 août 2018

Generating power in long-term disaster scenario?

100 barrels of diesel is 5500 gal, enough to run my generator for 11000 hrs at full load. Running 4 hrs/ day, I’d only need 730 gallons a year. So that’s possIble.

Solar.. they will deliver power really long term.

Wind an option in places, not a good one here.

Hydro- not enough flow on my small creeks to make it much more than a science project t, BUT, I have a major navigable creek near the edge of the property, that could support a run of the river system- too much civil engineering work, and the creek goes underwater by as much as 10’ every other year.

I’d use electricity for powering lights, electronics ( communications, computer, optics, alarms), pumps, farm machinery ( gain grinder, hammer mill), and refrigeration. I built a nice solar dehydrator, that seems like a waste with electricity. I think it was home power magazine- about the capacity of 6 consumer electric units.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Generating power in long-term disaster scenario?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire