dimanche 19 août 2018

Real world suppressor advice...?

Id suggest "thinking ahead" and look into larger caliber suppressors, even if you dont now have, or are considering a larger caliber gun at the moment.

I went with caliber specific cans, thinking they would be more effective, and now I see the error of my ways.

My son got the same basic can I got (AAC M4-2000) but for the 7.62x51. His can is slightly bigger, but rated for 7.62x51, and is actually quieter than my 5.56 specific can, when shooting 5.56. His can works with his 5.56 and his 300BO, which is almost "movie quiet" with the right loads.

I do like and prefer the QD type mounts, and they work great for switching between guns, but the mounts tend to be pricey.

Your not going to get "quiet" with anything supersonic. Youre just going to have to accept that. What you will get is basically no muzzle blast, which is pretty dramatic in its own right, but the round going down range, will still give off that sonic crack.

Its still a big difference compared to an unsuppressed gun though. Even with supersonic rounds, I can still shoot things like 5.56 in my carport, without ear plugs, and it doesnt affect my hearing (as long as I dont get to crazy with the number of shots). I cant shoot a .22LR in the same spot without deadened hearing for a couple of days.

ETA: As far as aiming goes with a suppressor that blocks the sights, you can go with higher suppressor sights with some things, or you can use standard "three dot" night sights, and use the old "Bindon aiming principle" like used with the early red dots, where your right/strong eye sees the sights, the weak eye the target and your brain superimposes them. It works very well once you understand it and try it, and I can usually make head shots on a photo target t 25 yards doing it with my Glock, 7-8 times out of 10 without too much trouble. At closer ranges, its real fast and easy.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Real world suppressor advice...?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire