lundi 20 août 2018

Updating my EDC for College

Hello all.

As some may know, I am now a college student. Being a preparedness-minded individual confined to a liberally-minded campus definitely causes some problems to crop up. I have had to alter my EDC, and I thought I would share some of my changes.

I used to carry a CAT-T tourniquet in a belt holster. This works for when I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans, but about half of the time I'll be wearing business/business casual. Dress code limits what you can carry on your belt to keys and cellphone holder. I asked about keeping my tourniquet in a cell phone belt case, but that was shot down. I haven't fully decided on a solution yet, but my two choices are an ankle holster, or a RATS in a sleeve in my front left pocket, next to my phone. Either will work, I just have to experiment and decide which I like better.

Next is a knife. The school has a strict "no weapons" policy. Most pocket knives don't fall under the definition of weapon, except for the one I carry. My Kershaw Brawler is apparently a more dangerous cutting implement than my Chinese copy of a Buck Ranger 112, since there is spring tension and a blade that is longer than 3 inches. I've been carrying the Buck copy, but I honestly miss having a pocket clip. So I'll be going to Cabela's sometime this week (I love having a Cabela's in town) and looking into a new knife. I'll probably stick with a shorter Kershaw, but we'll see. I also am going to put either a mini Victorinox or a Gerber mini multitool on my key chain, just because.

Obviously, I can't carry a gun while living on campus. Hopefully I'll be able to move off campus next year and solve that problem. Until then, situational awareness and luck will have to do.

Those are the major changes that I'm making. There are a few inconsequential changes as well that aren't important (carrying Student ID around my neck, my dorm key in a pocket without other keys, etc), but like I said, they aren't important.

I don't have much else to say, really. I just figured I'd share that. If you have some suggestions for things to consider adding (and methods for carrying in slacks and a tie), I'm open.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Updating my EDC for College

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire