vendredi 31 juillet 2020

Howdy from Utah

Hi everyone, new member in Utah here. Currently living on back of the Wasatch range and loving it. For more of proper introduction, here’s a little about me and how I came to be here:

My partner and I are both from originally from the East Coast (the odd pairing of an uncouth New York yankee and a civilized North Carolinian — you can guess which one I am ). Between the two of us we’ve lived all over: NC, NY, GA, VA, OH, CA, and now UT. It was in CA that we fell in love with the West but we have truly found our own shared home in Utah for the first time in our adult lives (we’re in our 30s).

I imagine like a lot of folks, covid and the resulting impacts on society made us realize how unprepared we are. We started doing basic research but we were quickly distracted by work, life, and other pursuits. We were given a sobering reminder as wild fire season hit Utah and we had friends and co-workers that were forced to evacuate their seemingly safe suburban homes. I realized I didn’t have the slightest idea where we would go if our area was forced to evacuate.

As I’ve read and researched, something“clicked” so to speak. Now we’ve established some basic plans, started to prepare for different scenarios such as shelter in place and forced evacuation. We had been kicking around the idea of purchasing some rural land for recreation over the past year (shooting, hiking, a private camping spot) but now we’re re-evaluating recreation / bug out / long term home land.

So yeah, that’s me. I’m here to learn, connect, and hopefully hone my skills, learn new ones, and have fun.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Howdy from Utah

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire