jeudi 30 juillet 2020

Masks Increasing Theft in Grocery Stores?

Yeah, yet another mask related thread. I think some topics are another tree level down the rabbit hole and are potentially worthy of discussion by themselves.
MODS: Move if you disagree.

I went to Smith's in Kingman AZ a little bit after noon today. A couple of my purchases, that were not bagged, had stickers on them.

Very similar to :

The main difference being the background color of the sticker.

I went into the store with my "cowboy outlaw" costume. Wearable items were the modern replica costume hat, red bandanna, replica cowboy blue checked pattern shirt, dark grey cargo pants, and year old worn out black Nikes. If you have seen my prior posted pics you can probably figure out how I looked.

Anyways to get to the point of this thread, there was a guy in civvy clothing with a plastic name badge standing between the two doors, one entry and one exit.

Guy really seemed to size me up on my way in. I've never seen him before, seems to have replaced the cart handle cleaning ladies.

Just before leaving the store I go and get my bag of ice out of the freezer just before the Exit door. I get a nice jolt of static lighting bolt when my left hand touches the metal handle. I grunted, yelped, or said a swear word, don't remember, but it was at least one of the three(3) mentioned. Yet, it was not very loud.

So the guy in civvy clothing approaches me and asks if I got "shocked". I replied that it was just a static discharge. With that he turned his back and left me alone.

After seeing the stickers, and re-thinking the actions of the civvy guy, I think my costume may have got me profiled. And I think seeing the stickers was all he was looking for.

Is theft with masks another new normal?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Masks Increasing Theft in Grocery Stores?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire