samedi 22 août 2020

New to Reloading...

Yea for a few days at most.

The loading block is your friend, after I powder 50 cases. I use a strong light to compare the level in each and every case. None or 2x is easy to see.

I inspect cases at every stage of the process.

Data is a guide line, usually recommended starting loads are safe for everything. Slow burning powder in big cases can might generate issues at levels below the starting loads

1 pound has 7000 grains or 453.592 grams.

Yes powders are different. H-4831 isn't the same as IMR-4831. Hercules BlueDot is not as hot as the newer Alliant BlueDot.

I generally neck size only my rifle ammo, because I pick my rifles by their chamber. I use a little Lee sizing die lube on a q-tip inside the neck, and maybe a little on the outside. The Lee lube doesn't kill primers/powder. I like the Redding sizing die wax for heavy work like case forming or serious full length. I like my Lee carbide dies for pistol stuff.

I usually make my own dipper for each load once I'm settled that is it. When using a powder measure I drop 10 charges at every change to settle in before weighing to see what the true charge weight is. I check every 10th case in the block to make sure everything is correct. Ball powders meter better. Long kernel powder trying to fit in small necks can be a PIA.

Static can case scales to lie, not usually an issue with big charges of slow powder 70 gr of H-4831, but small charges of pistol powder 4.5 gr of Bullseye. Dryer sheets can help, no carpet in the reloading area.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New to Reloading...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire