jeudi 15 mars 2018

AR15 optics questions

I want to put a good optic on my AR that I keep for the possibility of a shtf scenario (big and general or small and private), and I would like to tap into some of the experience and wisdom here to help me decide what to use. I have it narrowed down to a few, and have some questions I haven’t been able to find a good answer to:

1. Is the Aimpoint PRO a good choice? Is it good in low light?

2. Everything I see about the PRO says “always on.” That’s fine. But what I would like to know is can I turn it off if I want with a switch, to extend battery life beyond the three years given, or can it only be turned off by removing the battery?

3. What is the difference between the Vortex Viper PST, the Vortex Crossfire, and the Vortex Strike Eagle? There is a difference in price, but is there a difference in performance, and what is it?

4. I’ve heard good things about the Vortex scopes. Has anyone had a bad experience with one?

5. Is the 1 – 6 as reliable as the 1 – 4, or do you lose anything from the greater range (besides a little more cash)?

6. The difference I see between the Vortex variable powers and the Aimpoint is that the one has the option of magnification and the other does not. So all other factors being equal, the variable power would obviously be better, so much so that there seems to be no reason for the Aimpoint to even exist. But in my experience all other factors are rarely equal. So what advantage, if any, does the Aimpoint have over the Vortex (or any variable power for that matter)?

7. I have a flat top AR with a standard front site and fold down rear sight. I would like to keep them on the rifle as a backup, but obviously will not need to be using them as long as the scope is on the rifle. Will they get in the way of either of the scopes I’m considering here?

Thank you for your answers!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



AR15 optics questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire