mardi 21 août 2018

Glock woods carry; sights?

I have green/yellow Trijicon night sights (the regular-old "standard" kind, they didn't have any of the new painted kind back then) -- I love them, and people who have shot my Glock *really* love them.

This particular Glock of mine is a G23 Gen 3 , it was made in late 2009 and I bought it in the very beginning of 2010. Thanks to an extremely knowledgeable guy on GlockTalk, I was able to determine my Trijicons were also made in 2009, only a short time before the actual gun was made (one having nothing to do with the other but still) -- Because tritium's 12-year-average half-life, you can expect them to be half as bright at 12 years as they were when 'brand-new'. So I guess mine aren't as bright, but still, they're bright enough at night time that if I were to put them (well, the gun) under my pillow at night, turn off all the lights, then take the pillow off, you can see an actual glow from them that could produce light onto the sheets etc. And as far as shooting them, they're amazing IMHO.

Having said all that, I had a set of TruGlo TFO tritium & fiber-optic sights on a Shield and I FELL IN LOVE with them. I mean, they're simply amazing. They have fiber-optic light-pipes with an encapsulated tritium dot-vial at the end of the light-pipe ... So you get the glowing bright fiber-enhanced light during the day, and the always-on tritium glow at night. They're *amazing*. It would be very hard for me to say they're not my favorite, except I happen to be a big Trijicon fan (because Trijicon Tacticool and all!) -- but the TruGlo TFOs are simply amazing.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Glock woods carry; sights?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire