vendredi 10 juillet 2020

Advice needed---Best aid devices for after heart surgery?

In about 10 days, I am scheduled to have open heart surgery. The hospital is trying to prepare me as much as possible, about side effects, recovery times, limitations on movement, etc. However it is clear that I will have a long recovery after I get back home.

I wanted to ask other members on this thread, who may have themselves or their loved ones who have had thoracic surgery, what are the best aid devices to have on hand during my recovery.

For example, I've been told that it is hard to even bend down to put on shoes and stockings. Or to pull your pants up your legs. I've seen on Amazon various assist devices that are intended to help in this situation. They also have long "grabbers" to pick things off the floor without bending down. Should I get something like this?

What about cleaning yourself after using the toilet? Reaching and twisting around to reach your backside would seem to be especially difficult. Especially after having your sternum cracked open. Any solutions to this? Would installing a bidet be a good idea?

Will I need a walker? Or a cane?

PS---I'm a man, and a bachelor. 65. In generally good health, otherwise. I live alone. I do have home healthcare insurance. Will that be something I will need to call on for this situation? I also live on a farm in a rural area.

My brother will be staying with me for about the first 2 weeks.

I much appreciate any advice!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Advice needed---Best aid devices for after heart surgery?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire