mercredi 1 juillet 2020

Smoking question

It'll probably be moot by the time this is answered:

I started smoking some pork shoulders this morning.

As per my usual I'll Google and read a few articles to see what I might learn about what I'm interested in /messing with. And see what other people are doing.

One article said that after 4 hours the pork doesn't absorb any smoke.

If that so, it would be much easier for me to just put it in the oven after that. Anyone do this?

I do a very simple salt and brown sugar rub after injecting Apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce the night before (used to be more complicated, but I get complements about it, just smoke on oak and hickory) I believe the compliments are because of my simplicity and the flavor of the wood itself. (I'm no award winner, but other people prefer mine to theirs.)

I'll be canning all I don't save to eat the next few days, so it'll get cooked more than enough, but I need to cook it enough to pull it. (Only cooking for one I will smoke a couple briskets and freeze in portions etc. Not worth doing it that often for one person, large batches are where it's at.)

Thanks, might save me from running the canner at midnight.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Smoking question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire