mercredi 1 juillet 2020

What did I do wrong salting green beans?

Can anyone with experience tell me what I did wrong?

Following instructions on You-tube, I rinsed and patted dry some freshly picked green beans. Put a layer of canning salt (non-iodized) in the bottom of the jar then layered a few green beans, then salt, then beans . . . .

I had broken the beans in half as they were too long for the jar.

Per instructions, tied a piece of clean cloth over the top and put on rack in dark closet in our air conditioned house.

After 10 months, this was the result. Boy oh boy, did it smell once the crust of salt was broken open. Moldy & putrid contents.

Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2402.jpg Views: 23 Size: 63.3 KB ID: 306434

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What did I do wrong salting green beans?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire