mercredi 8 juillet 2020

Why do I need the .308 caliber for personal defense?

While trying to tighten up my firearms needs, I actually gave some thought to if I really needed a .308 caliber rifle for defense.

I understand the .308 round is heavier and will shoot farther as well a shoot through things.

That being said......for personal defense the sniper fantasy of taking out a bad guy at 500 yards is pretty hard to justify and in most scenarios will wind you up with a Murder 1 charge considering you would have to take time to do a ballistics calculation.

I have been heavily looking into additional .223/5.56 rifles considering....they still function out to 500 yards, there is a wider variety of ammo including green tips. They weigh less and cost less.

So the logic for this is having one less caliber to deal with and I could easily sell the ammo I have right now at a hefty profit to transition into more .223 stuff.

Is this sound logic? It seems that the most popular prepper calibers are .22lr, .223, 9mm, .308 and 12 GA.

What will I loose and what will I gain by eliminating the .308?
HK

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Why do I need the .308 caliber for personal defense?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire